Experiments with film. Roll 12
I developed roll 12 and 14 in the same bath, Maco Ecoprint 1+100 for 60 minutes to try stand development. Roll 12 was another roll of Fuji C200, I have come to like what it looks like when scanned.
Yesterday I went down to the harbour at night and shot the last frames on two rolls. And the scans came out very strange, with a halo around the edge that doesn’t show on the negative. I did some investigations and scanned with an empty scanner to see what it looked like. It had very bright edges, and darker centre, the edge lighting doesn’t spread very evenly. That’s most likely the cause of some of the ugly scans in the past. Especially dark pictures, with very bright negatives, look bad, whereas pictures of brighter subjects which has burned more darkness into the film come out better. I wonder how much this phenomenon has influenced my preference for Fuji C200 over the Lucky SHD100, the pictures simply scanned better with my cheap scanner.
Also, I presoaked and washed the negatives much more this time than I usually do. Tap water with a small drop of detergent. Almost no drying marks remained, definitely the cleanest batch I’ve ever had.