Since I now have everything I need for doing basic tray development of photo paper I loaded some film holders with Ultrafine VC ELITE photo paper. Note, their 4×5 papers are 4×5 paper size, not 4×5 film size. Film 4×5 isn’t actually quite 4×5, and the paper sheets were too large to fit into the holders. I cut them down to size in the improvised darkroom with a paper guillotine.
I shot the paper at ISO 6 (sixteen times the length of the exposures compared to the usual film), which seems to have been pretty reasonable for outdoors shots, I’ll go even a bit lower on indoors pictures next time.
I mixed the Maco EcoPrint paper developer by the instructions on the bottle, 1+7. And got 10 second development times, which was a bit to quick, I’ll add more water next time.
While the results of this round weren’t all that impressive, it was a very fun experiment. And now that I have tested the technique I’m sure I’ll shoot more paper.